Location: Visalia, CA
Posted: March 10, 2023
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio), founded in 2006, is one of the country’s leading developers of dairy digester projects. The projects capture methane, a potent greenhouse gas (GHG), to fuel natural gas trucks and buses and power electric vehicles. CalBio works closely with dairy farmers, California state and federal agencies, and many innovate technology and engineer companies. Financial partners include the Farm Credit system, Chevron, fund investors and dairy farmers. In addition to reducing GHG emissions, the company’s projects help protect local air and water quality. CalBio is experiencing significant growth and the individual in this position will play a key role.
Accountant II is responsible for the preparation and issuance of complete, reasonable and reliable Financial Information. CalBio is looking for two full-time positions, one is Visalia, CA and the other in Dallas, TX.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains General Ledger as well as all subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepares financial statements under US GAAP.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Fixed Assets control and depreciation schedule.
- Analyze the monthly Budget to Actual variances.
- Review monthly the Budget to Actual variances with the Operation Managers and Director of the unit in order to provide complete information to CFO and identify corrective actions.
- Complies with statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables related to matters such as cash receipts, expenses, accounts payable, accounts receivable and gains and losses.
- Participates in system implementations to ensure accounting and finance objectives are met.
- Participates in the annual preparation of budgets.
- Keeps accounting files (paperless).
- Diagnose accounting problems and identify solutions.
- Works directly with the Operations team to resolve issues and improvements of processes.
- Supervises (remotely) and guarantees physical inventory counts in a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis.
- Prepare the requirement documentations for external audit (Banks, Financial, Fiscal).
- Perform and leads internal audit activities in order to guarantee the compliance of the Internal Controls to guarantee accuracy in the accounting records.
- Apply independent judgment and personal initiative to solve problems and recommend solutions to the Operations / Accounting areas.
- Assist the corporate controller as needed.
- Ensure compliance with deadlines for tax returns and / or the implementation of new Government regulations for Accounting and Tax purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Works effectively and maintains good working relationships with all levels of management, customers, suppliers and company personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successfully manages and prioritizes large volumes of data and information.
- Self-directed and able to work independently and under pressure, meeting tight deadlines.
- Possess strong identification and problem-solving skills, oriented to customer service.
- Accepts challenges, identifies needs and works voluntarily on new projects.
- Attentive to detail, centered, complete and precise.
- Flexibility and works well with others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration during significant periods of time.
- Knowledge of Accounting, Tax, Banking and Insurance principles and practices.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, bonus, paid time off, 401k matching program, and more.
Interested candidates should submit the following information along with their desired location,
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application