Biogas Plant Operator
Location: Visalia & Fresno, CA
Posted: September 17, 2020
California Bioenergy LLC is looking for Biogas Plant Operators in the Visalia and Fresno, CA areas.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Biogas Plant Operator performs skilled work that is necessary in operating a dairy anaerobic digester, gas conditioning skid, associated digester and upgrader plant equipment. The facility is composed of a digester, pumps, gas blowers, compressors, oxygen generators, condensers, chillers and related auxiliary equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to, and has full working knowledge of, the company safety program. Will have limited oversight responsibility for outside maintenance contractors to ensure that they are working in a safe manner. Communicates with all personnel to stress the importance of a safe work environment. Required to isolate equipment following proper Lock-out Tag-Out procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the plant safety, health, and environmental programs in all activities. Contributes to incident investigations to reduce recurrence of accidents/incidents. Supports and promotes the philosophy of maintaining an accident/incident free workplace. Respond to emergency in a manner that minimizes the impact and prevents personal danger. Effectively operates the facility to limit or eliminate environmental non-compliance and personnel accidents/incidents.
- General Mechanical Duties- including valve replacement, tighten valve packing, minor pipe/flange repairs, disconnect and replace mixer motors on digesters, open and close bolted manway covers, cleaning strainers and wire screens as required for continuous operation.
- Assist and support outside contractors with maintenance onsite maintenance such as media change-outs, large equipment overhauls, and vacuum removal of solids from digesters.
- Monitor gas production of anerobic digesters with a focus on O2 and H2S concentration. Complete daily rounds of plant equipment and capture fluid temps, pressures, oil levels, gas concentrations, process flows. Check equipment for proper operation looking for excessive vibration, fluid leaks and any conditions needing further attention. Accurately record all plant operational parameters and respond to unsatisfactory trends.
- Operate plant equipment including the pumps, blowers, and other related auxiliary equipment in accordance with manufacture recommendation and established company policy.
- Participate in plant housekeeping programs and material handling safety activities to ensure safe working conditions.
- Participate in the planning and execution of preventative maintenance activities.
- Write work orders on work management software to track repairs and scheduled maintenance
- Assist in writing Standard Operating Procedures and Energy Isolation Procedures
Performance will be assessed 90 days after initial hire, and then annually after that. Plant Operations will be measured against plant operating efficiency, uptime (reliability), and cost expectations. The successful operator will be measured against adherence to company policy and ability to drive sustained efficiency through personal effort, communication, teamwork, and ability to leverage external resources.
- Relevant maintenance and operating experience in an industrial or gas processing environment is desired.
- Operational experience may be supplemented with military experience or training in a related field.
- A relevant background in safety procedures/practices
- Able to quickly respond to rapidly changing condition
- Able to read, write and understand English is required. Spanish as a second language desired
- Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Able to analyze and interpret data and to make sound recommendations on plant conditions
- Fundamental proficiency in Windows-based applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel) on a PC or tablet required
- Valid drivers license and ability to operate a motor vehicle in California is required
Work locations are industrial and agricultural, primarily outdoors in the central valley of California. Temperatures range from 40 deg F in the winter to 115 deg F in the summer. Limited exposure to hazardous materials and/or toxic fumes will require the use of approved personal protective equipment. Regular exposure to heat, noise, flammable materials, rotating equipment, and other conditions normally encountered in an industrial environment should be expected. California Bioenergy® will ensure all applicable work rules and safety requirements are closely adhered to.
This position will require heavy lifting (<50 lbs) and/or climbing ladder and/or stairs.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Additional essential functions, duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate. California Bioenergy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.