Biomethane Instrument Technician
Location: Bakersfield, Visalia, and Fresno, CA
Posted: March 13, 2023
California Bioenergy LLC is looking for Biomethane Instrument Technicians in Bakersfield, Visalia, and Fresno CA. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Biomethane Instrument Technician performs skilled work that is necessary in maintaining a dairy anaerobic digester, biogas conditioning skid, associated digester, and upgrader plant equipment. The facility is composed of a digester, pumps, gas blowers, compressors, oxygen generators, condensers, chillers, and related auxiliary equipment. CalBio is looking to fill two positions, one in the Visalia area and a second in the Bakersfield area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects, tests adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate record, and control generating operations in conventional electric/gas generating plant: Inspects meters, indicators, and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations.
- Tests accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, gas analyzers, and other recordings, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in the system, using test equipment, such as pressure gauges, pulse, and signal generators, multimeter, HART communicator, and RTD calibrators.
- Traces out and tests electronic solid-state and vacuum tube circuitry and components to locate defective parts in analog and digital, protection, or monitoring systems, using test equipment, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
- Removes defective instruments from the system, decontaminates, disassembles, and cleans instruments, and replaces defective parts, using hand tools.
- Reassembles instruments and replaces instruments in the system, using hand tools.
- Lubricates instruments and replaces defective wiring and tubing
- Calibrates readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
- Records calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems.
Performance will be assessed 90 days after initial hire, and then annually after that. Plant Operations will be measured against plant operating efficiency, uptime (reliability), and cost expectations. The successful operator will be measured against adherence to company policy and ability to drive sustained efficiency through personal effort, communication, teamwork, and ability to leverage external resources.
- Relevant maintenance and operating experience in an industrial or gas processing environment is desired.
- Operational experience may be supplemented with military experience or training in a related field.
- A relevant background in safety procedures/practices
- Able to quickly respond to rapidly changing conditions.
- Able to read, write and understand English is required. Spanish as a second language desired.
- Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Able to analyze and interpret data and to make sound recommendations on plant conditions.
- Fundamental proficiency in Windows-based applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel) on a PC or tablet required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle in California is required.
Work locations are industrial and agricultural, primarily outdoors in the central valley of California. Temperatures range from 40 deg F in the winter to 115 deg F in the summer. Limited exposure to hazardous materials and/or toxic fumes will require the use of approved personal protective equipment. Regular exposure to heat, noise, flammable materials, rotating equipment, and other conditions normally encountered in an industrial environment should be expected. California Bioenergy will ensure all applicable work rules and safety requirements are closely adhered to.
This position will require heavy lifting (<50 lbs) and/or climbing ladder and/or stairs.
- Application. Please list your preference of Visalia, Bakersfield, or No Preference.
Pay Range Disclosure
The salary range for the position of Biomethane Instrument Technician reasonably expects to pay $27.00-32.00 per hour.