Business & Financial Strategist
Location: Visalia, CA (or potentially CalBio offices in Costa Mesa or Bakersfield)
Posted: September 14, 2022
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio), founded in 2006, is one of the country’s leading developers of dairy digester projects. The projects capture methane, a potent greenhouse gas (GHG), to fuel natural gas trucks and buses and power electric vehicles. CalBio works closely with dairy farmers, California state and federal agencies, and many innovative technology and engineering companies. Financial partners include Chevron, Bloom Energy, banks including the Farm Credit System, private equity investors, and dairy farmers. In addition to reducing GHG emissions, the company’s projects help protect local air and water quality. CalBio is experiencing significant growth and the individual in this position will play a key role.
The Business & Financial Strategist will help assess and develop new company initiatives including partnerships, technology changes, and sales opportunities. He or she will work closely with the company president and team members from finance, engineering, operations, legal, GHG, and business development. The position will advance the financial and environmental performance of the company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build relationships with technology and vendor partners
- Assess financial and environmental impacts
- Review new project economics in both California and in other states
- Develop financial models
- Advance financing structures with banks and others
- Negotiate business agreements
- Master of Business Administration or relevant work history
- BS or MS in engineering or relevant work history
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Experience in business planning
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Position offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package.
- The position will be based in Visalia, CA or alternatively at the company’s Costa Mesa office.