Under the direction of the President and VP of Operations, the Administrative & Support position should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our Visalia, CA office. Duties include assisting in managing our company’s general administrative, marketing, and sales activities, and providing direct support to the President and VP of Operations. Responsibilities include making travel arrangements, preparing presentations, arranging meetings and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls. Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical functions to include filing and special projects as assigned executive administration.
- Assures that the work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- High School degree; minimum of one-year experience as an administrative assistant with a willingness to learn detailed human resource management tools.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, PC, copiers and other business machines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong typing and computer application skills in all office environments.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Must possess the ability to read, write and understand English. Must possess the ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and utilizing adjectives and adverbs correctly.
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing two-digit numbers; to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money; to perform operations with units such as inch, foot, yard, ounce and pound.
- A basic understanding of engineering and operations terminology is preferred but not required.
Primarily an office environment; incumbent will be required to perform tasks that involve repetitive motion using the wrists, hands, and fingers. Additionally, some light lifting will be required (<10 lbs) and extended time frames of sedentary work (sitting) will be expected.