Location: Visalia, CA
Posted:April 16, 2022
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio) partners with local dairy farmers, state, and federal agencies to provide a sustainable energy source that benefits the dairy, improves local air quality, and actively reduces greenhouse gases emitted to the atmosphere. The company is undertaking the development, construction, ownership and operation of dozens of digester projects in the San Joaquin Valley that capture biogas from dairy operations and upgrade it for use as a vehicle fuel for electric and natural gas vehicles.
California Bioenergy LLC is managing many concurrent construction activities. We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized Construction Manager to oversee all aspects of our many Renewable Natural Gas projects, including meeting with project partners, managing supervisors, and teams. The Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and all objectives and standards are met, and for finding solutions to problems as they arise. CalBio executes projects which require knowledge of civil, structural, electrical, and process engineering. Experience working between these disciplines is a must. To be successful in this role, you will have to ensure the project is planned in a manner that meets all objectives and is completed on time and within budget. Top candidates will be skillful delegators, adept at identifying crucial aspects of the project and prioritizing and executing them.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage active construction projects at multiple sites
- Ensure that all work is done safely and in compliance with all codes and regulations
- Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors’ construction schedules
- Meet with engineers and contractors regarding project objectives and progress on a regular basis.
- Provide evaluation of contractor performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Review proposed change orders and make recommendations to management
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Coordinate construction workers and subcontractors
- Identify and make improvements that protect budget where needed.
- Ensure company and contractor performance obligations as specified in contract are met.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Attend meetings as needed
- Pre-construction permitting, utility planning, scheduling and budgeting.
- Understand multi-faceted project permits, right of way, and easement authorizations necessary and ensure they are complied with throughout the construction process.
- Represent the project to utility companies for site surveys and pre-construction meetings.
- Contribute to the establishment of budget, and job estimating to meet project goals.
- Review and recommend improvements to both existing and proposed designs
- Contributing Engineering Firms
- Interact with contributing engineering firms on matters of project confluence
- Highlight and inform stakeholders of proposed changes that affect multiple disciplines
- Ensure drawings reflect scope change edits or drawing revision code
- Constant Surveillance of Job Sites
- Surveillance of job sites through periodic visits for performance monitoring
- Oversee constructions to monitor compliance with utility code and safety regulations
- Verify the contractor is operating according to permit requirements
- 5-10 Years’ experience in managing field construction. EPC industry experience a plus
- Up to 75% travel onsite project locations
- Working knowledge of construction codes and safe work practices.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Familiarity with construction management software applications
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office software
Work locations are industrial and agricultural, primarily outdoors in the central valley of California. Temperatures range from 40 deg F in the winter to 115 deg F in the summer. Limited exposure to hazardous materials and/or toxic fumes will require the use of approved personal protective equipment. Regular exposure to heat, noise, flammable materials, rotating equipment, and other conditions normally encountered in an industrial environment should be expected. California Bioenergy will ensure all applicable work rules and safety requirements are closely adhered to.
This position will require heavy lifting (<50 lbs) and/or climbing ladder and/or stairs, bending squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, bonus, paid time off, 401k matching program, and more.
Interested candidates should submit the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application