Financial Planning and Analyst
Location: Dallas, TX
Posted: February 7, 2024
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio) is one of the country’s leading developers of dairy digester projects. Our projects generate renewable natural gas and electricity which is used as a vehicle fuel to power clean trucks, buses, and cars. Founded in 2006, CalBio works closely with local dairy farmers, the California Air Resources Board (CARB), the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC), the California Energy Commission (CEC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the dairy industry to develop projects that reduce greenhouse gases (GHGs), protect local air and water quality, create local jobs, and provide a new revenue stream along with other meaningful benefits to its dairy partners. Along with its affiliates, Midwest Bioenergy, Northwest Bioenergy, and Southwest Bioenergy, CalBio is undertaking the development, construction, ownership, and operation of dozens of dairy digester projects across the country.
The Financial Planning Analyst will support the organization in budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, capital planning, expense analysis, and ad hoc financial analysis for special initiatives. The individual will be required to gather information necessary to provide analytical, fact-based assessments which will aid in the decision making needed to drive business results. This position provides an outstanding opportunity to understand and influence the business, learn the company systems, enhance the individuals’ analytical and communication skills, and interact with executive management. The position will report to the CFO.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare the monthly financial results packages, ensuring proper analysis and interpretation of performance are provided to senior management.
- Build financial models for operating company strategies and initiatives, and track performance
- Prepare management reports which explain factors driving volume/price results relative to comparative benchmarks (plan, prior periods, etc.).
- Participate in interim (quarterly) forecast process, including data collection and reporting requirements.
- Assist with development of the annual budget, including consolidation of all financial and supplementary data.
- Provide reporting and analytical support for assigned projects.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the standard report library.
- Generate/analyze the monthly production oriented KPIs.
- Assist in the finalization of capital plan and forecast.
- Support executive management team with robust financial analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance; with MBA preferred.
- Accounting / Financial Statement close process (5 to 7 Years).
- Advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
401K Benefit Plan
Sick and Vacation Leave