Instrument and Electrical Manager
Location: Visalia, CA
Posted: March 14, 2023
California Bioenergy LLC is looking for an Instrument and Electrical Manager in Visalia, CA.
Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, the I&E Manager will be responsible for the safe execution of all instrumentation repair and calibration as well as electrical troubleshooting and repair. Calbio is a data driven company and depends heavily on gas chromatograph, gas analyzer, and flow meters for success. The I&E Manager will dedicate the majority of his/her time to ensuring all of these vital instruments are functioning correctly and reporting data to the company server.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and supervise work as arranged through the Maintenance Planner to maintain equipment.
- Oversee the work performed by Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians and outside contractors as required for each job to ensure completion in a safe and timely manner.
- Manage any urgent or breakdown electrical jobs as required to keep equipment running and to minimize downtime.
- Ensure the proper functioning of all Electrical & Instrumentation systems on a daily basis.
- Ensure all Instrument and Electrical work activities are captured in CMMS.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of automation engineering projects to ensure the tasks can be accomplished in a quality, cost – effective and timely manner in order to meet specific plant needs.
- Directs Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians in troubleshooting of electrical and control problems.
- Schedule, assign, plan, and monitor the work of Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance personnel.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Planner by communicating anticipated jobs and provides input when stores stocks need to be increased or altered, for upcoming jobs to maintain maintenance schedules.
- With the Maintenance Planner, develop work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of electrical expenditures and procedures for equipment and appliance maintenance to meet department goals.
- Assure the Greenhouse Gas team is always supported with accurate data, functioning instruments, and timely repairs.
- Monitor the acquisition and use of materials to meet productivity and budgetary goals.
- Maintain time, work order, material, equipment, and other electrical & instrumentation shop records.
- Train and/or inform employees of new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies and electrical codes and standards to maximize the staff’s skills and ensure compliance with Company & regulatory requirements.
- Ensure budgeting guidelines are met; stay within budget and assist in preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Interpret department policies to assigned personnel and enforce safety regulations and adherence to standards.
- Inspect new construction and assist engineers in design requirements prior to construction to ensure compliance.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose plant system problems to provide resolutions and minimize downtime.
- Ensure the application of company rules of conduct and health & safety protocols during maintenance procedures to minimize injuries and lost time incidents. Participate in safety meetings and provide feedback on unsafe working conditions or signs of equipment breakdowns.
- Ensure that Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance department tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained to allow maintenance activities to occur as scheduled
Performance will be assessed 90 days after initial hire, and then annually after that. Performance will be measured against plant operating efficiency, uptime (reliability), and cost expectations. The successful professional will be measured against adherence to company policy, GAAP, and ability to drive sustained efficiency through personal effort, communication, teamwork, and ability to leverage external resources.
- 8 years of Electrical & Instrumentation repair and maintenance experience which includes 1 year of supervisor experience; or:
- Completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance AND three years of relevant experience which includes 1 year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of relevant experience, training and/or education
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the Electrical & Instrumentation trades
- Strong understanding of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Knowledge of electrical applications for high and low voltage electrical systems
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PKS PLC’s, and Ignition.
- Demonstrated skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of Electrical & Instrumentation system equipment and components.
- Prior experience estimating time and material requirements of assigned work projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word, Access, and Project
- Good working knowledge of EMaint CMMS highly desirable
- Fluent with NEC, NFPA, ISA, etc.
Work locations are primarily indoors in an office environment and warehouse. Occasionally, duties will include industrial and agricultural site visits. When required, possible very limited exposure to hazardous materials and/or toxic fumes will require the use of approved personal protective equipment. California Bioenergy will ensure all applicable work rules and safety requirements are closely adhered to.
This position will require light lifting (<50 lbs) and/or climbing ladder and/or stairs.
Pay Range Disclosure
The salary range for the position of Instrument and Electrical Manager reasonably expects to pay $100,000-$130,000 per year.