Location: Visalia, CA
Posted: August 6, 2020
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio) partners with local dairy farmers, state and federal agencies, to provide a sustainable energy source that benefits the dairy, the company, and actively reduces greenhouse gases emitted to the atmosphere. The company is undertaking the greenfield development, construction, ownership and operation of a series projects in the San Joaquin Valley that will capture biogas from dairy farm operations and upgrade it for use in the natural gas pipeline and as vehicle fuel.
As Maintenance Planner, you will bring together all the resources (labor, materials, equipment, special tools, etc.) required to accomplish planned jobs in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner to enable continuity of production with minimal equipment downtime. Primary areas will include: preparing job plans and coordinating planned work schedules with production. The Maintenance Planner is responsible for planned maintenance work, which incorporates cost, importance, labor, materials, etc. as required. The planning of the work is to ensure that when the work is scheduled it can be completed with the least interruption to operations and the most efficient use of maintenance resources. Once work has been planned and material availability has been assured, work scheduling can be addressed. This position combines the job functions of both a Planner and Scheduler and is a great entry point for candidates interested in long term career growth in an industrial environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily management to maintain 2-4 week complete ‘ready’ back log that is in alignment with production needs for areas of responsibility
- Provide labor and costs estimates
- Work with area craft and walk the job in order to develop complete job packages
- Define Job plan (work instruction and required safety documentation)
- Required parts kits using work instruction
- Required equipment or special tools
- Required labor (person and duration)
- Required permits and drawings
- Requisition required parts
- Coordinate with storeroom personnel and procurement to ensure kit is complete within the required timeline.
- Work with warehouse custodian to achieve the physical assembly and delivery of planned job packages
- Verify completed kit for content accuracy.
- Proficient utilization of the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Complete and close work orders in the CMMS to facilitate equipment histories
- Incorporate requested work order changes/revisions into the CMMS
- Update Preventative Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance activities in the CMMS
- Maintain accurate Bill of Materials (BOM’s).
- Use of daily management to track status of spares, including those being rebuilt.
- Perform regular reviews to identify obsolete parts. Work with warehouse custodian to remove parts no longer needed.
- Calculate work center labor hour capacity
- Create preliminary weekly maintenance schedules based on work center capacity and priorities of the production areas
- Organize, direct and coordinate weekly scheduling meetings with production
- Finalize and communicate weekly maintenance schedules
- Tracking of schedule completion including carry over work
Performance will be assessed 90 days after initial hire, and then annually after that. The Maintenance Planner will be measured against plant operating efficiency, uptime (reliability), and cost expectations. The successful planner will be measured against adherence to company policy and ability to drive sustained efficiency through personal effort, communication, teamwork, and ability to leverage external resources.
- Associates degree in a technical field or 2 years of maintenance planning and mechanical craft experience in an industrial environment.
- Good understanding of machinery and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with demonstrated leadership experience
- Reading and math skills are required along with the ability to read and interpret blueprints and
- produce field sketches from shop floor observation.
- Display initiative, drive and desire to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States; verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire; visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Additional training in a vocational or technical school
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Field
- Working aptitude with a CMMS, Oracle, and associated reporting software
Work locations are industrial and agricultural, primarily outdoors in the central valley of California. Temperatures range from 40 deg F in the winter to 115 deg F in the summer. Limited exposure to hazardous materials and/or toxic fumes will require the use of approved personal protective equipment. Regular exposure to heat, noise, flammable materials, rotating equipment, and other conditions normally encountered in an industrial environment should be expected. California Bioenergy® will ensure all applicable work rules and safety requirements are closely adhered to.
This position will require heavy lifting (<50 lbs) and/or climbing ladder and/or stairs.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Additional essential functions, duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate. California Bioenergy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.