Operations Technology Leader
Location: Dallas, TX
Posted: January 18, 2024
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio) is one of the country’s leading developers of dairy digester projects for generating renewable vehicle fuel and electricity. Founded in 2006, CalBio works closely with local dairy farmers, the California Air Resources Board (CARB), the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC), the California Energy Commission (CEC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the dairy industry to develop projects and help the state reduce greenhouse gases (GHGs), protect local air and water quality, while creating local jobs and providing meaningful benefits to the dairy. In partnership with its affiliates, Midwest Bioenergy, Northwest Bioenergy, and Southwest Bioenergy, the company is undertaking the development, construction, ownership, and operation of dozens of dairy digester projects across the country.
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Operations Technology Leader to manage our OT ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Industrial Control Systems including SCADA, Cloud Technologies, and Enterprise Information Technology. The Leader will be required to build a team ground up and responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of OT infrastructure to ensure the company’s operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Develop and implement OT strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure the company’s OT infrastructure meet business requirements and objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction to OT teams, ensuring that team members are adequately trained and equipped to perform their roles.
- Oversee the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of industrial control systems, and other OT infrastructure components.
- Identify and manage risks associated with OT infrastructure, including security risks, compliance risks, and operational risks.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards related to OT, including NERC-CIP, NIST, and other relevant frameworks.
- Collaborate with other departments to understand their OT needs and develop solutions that meet those needs.
- Manage OT budgets, ensuring that spending is aligned with business objectives and delivers value to the company.
- Evaluate and implement new OT technologies that could enhance the company’s operations and competitiveness.
- Develop and maintain relationships with OT vendors, service providers, and other external partners to ensure effective collaboration and timely resolution of issues.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in OT management, with a focus on Industrial Control Systems, Cloud Technologies, and Information Technology.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with a track record of successfully leading and motivating OT teams.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop and implement OT strategies that align with business objectives.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards related to OT, including NERC- CIP, NIST, and other relevant frameworks.
- Ability to evaluate and implement new OT technologies that could enhance the company’s operations and competitiveness.
- Experience managing OT budgets, with a focus on delivering value to the company.