Location: Visalia, CA
Posted: February 5, 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Welcome to California Bioenergy LLC, a cutting-edge leader in the renewable energy sector.
At California Bioenergy, we are not just a company; we are a force driving positive change in the world.
As pioneers in the waste-to-value field, we are committed to transforming the energy landscape through innovation and sustainable practices.
Working with us means being part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team, where passion meets purpose.
Our workplace is not only energized and fast-paced but also filled with individuals who are not only fun-loving but also deeply driven by the shared vision of creating a greener, more sustainable future.
We are excited to invite top-quality paralegal professionals to join our team, contribute to our rapid growth, and be part of the exciting journey toward a cleaner, brighter tomorrow.
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career in a company that values enthusiasm, innovation, and excellence, California Bioenergy is the place for you!
ABOUT THE JOB
California Bioenergy LLC has a dynamic Paralegal opportunity located in Visalia, California requiring a combination of legal expertise, organizational skills, and the ability to collaborate across different departments and with external partners. The professional is expected to play a crucial role in both entity governance and real estate document management within the company.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Paralegal certificate from an accredited institution or equivalent paralegal work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a paralegal, preferably in a larger law firm or in-house corporate setting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects and advising clients on priorities.
- Exceptional ability to review and analyze complex legal documents with attention to detail.
- Experience or comfort in- learning multiple document/project management platforms (e.g., Plexus, ASANA, Dropbox, SharePoint, Navex, ADP, MS 360).
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support senior management in reviewing legal documents, preparing drafts, and ensuring execution readiness.
- Conduct detailed analysis and review of documentation for accuracy, completeness, and context.
- Assist in corporate transactions and entity formation, including checking/reserving corporate names, subscription agreements, employment contracts, and confidentiality agreements.
- Perform legal research, analysis, and summary of legal documents.
- Coordinate and assist third-party counsel in preparing legal documents and responding to litigation matters.
- Provide timely responses to departmental requests.
- Aid in completing grant packages, ensuring compliance with solicitations.
Real Estate Document Development and Management:
- Obtain preliminary title reports, land surveys, legal entity identification documents, real property history, and chain of title.
- Manage all documents, reports, and virtual data rooms.
- Integrate company software and collaborate with external firms and engineering companies to develop complete packages with maps and exhibits.
- Manage and assist in developing engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) documents.
- Coordinate with engineering and construction to ensure timely receipt of permits for compliance management.
- Assist with record retention requirements and ensure appropriate tracking measures are in place.
- The expected salary range for this position is approximately $90,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year.