Location: Visalia, CA
Posted: March 11, 2023
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio) is one of the country’s leading developers of dairy digester projects for generating renewable vehicle fuel and electricity. Founded in 2006, CalBio works closely with local dairy farmers, the California Air Resources Board (CARB), the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC), the California Energy Commission (CEC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the dairy industry to develop projects and help the state reduce greenhouse gases (GHGs), protect local air and water quality, while creating local jobs and providing meaningful benefits to the dairy. In partnership with its affiliates, Midwest Bioenergy, Northwest Bioenergy, and Southwest Bioenergy, the company is undertaking the development, construction, ownership and operation of dozens of dairy digester projects across the country.
A degreed engineer (typically a B.S. degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering), with EIT or PE, desirable. Capable of handling the technical aspects of projects while keeping overall project goals in mind.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares project drawings, calculations, data sheets, specifications and other documents based on specific task direction from Senior Engineers or Project Managers.
• Understands basic operating principles and is familiar with engineering standards and codes.
• Assumes additional project management responsibilities.
• Possesses good organizational, planning, written and oral communication skills to manage projects. Attentive to detail and completeness. Interfaces directly with clients on an as-needed basis.
• Is proficient in engineering and computer simulation software necessary to perform calculations.
Critical Skill Sets
- Planning/Organization: Can plan and organize his or her own work to meet deadlines. Understands basic steps necessary to complete tasks.
- Meeting Company Objectives: Understands and supports company goals. May require additional guidance from more senior engineers on work approach.
- Communication Skills: Solid communicator, both in written and oral form, to clients and co-workers.
- Teamwork: Works well with others to achieve goals. Takes work direction well.
- Adaptable/Flexible: Is adaptable to changing priorities, workloads, client expectations, and scope, without loss of focus and direction.
- Technical Competence: Good technical analysis and problem-solving skills. Capable of performing some computer simulations, spreadsheets, and calculations. Understands codes and regulations when presented with documents. Attentive to detail.
- Project Management: Assists in preliminary scoping, job definition, and cost estimating efforts.
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in most technical PC applications.
- Process Improvements: Works to develop project technical and implementation improvements through suggestions, team brainstorming and other industry practices. Suggests improvements for utilization on other projects.
- Safety Awareness: Practices and designs for safe work activities. Becomes increasingly familiar with applicable industry safety designs and regulations.
- Bachelor of Science degree from a four-year college, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write conforming to a prescribed style and format.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra, calculus, engineering economics, and some statistical theory.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
Work locations are industrial and agricultural, primarily outdoors in the central valley of California. Temperatures range from 40 deg F in the winter to 115 deg F in the summer. Limited exposure to hazardous materials and/or toxic fumes will require the use of approved personal protective equipment. Regular exposure to heat, noise, flammable materials, rotating equipment, and other conditions normally encountered in an industrial environment should be expected. California Bioenergy will ensure all applicable work rules and safety requirements are closely adhered to.
This position will require heavy lifting (<50 lbs) and/or climbing ladder and/or stairs, bending squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, bonus, paid time off, 401k matching program, and more.
Interested candidates should submit the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application