Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posted: April 18, 2022
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio) is one of the country’s leading developers of dairy digester projects for generating renewable vehicle fuel and electricity. Founded in 2006, CalBio works closely with local dairy farmers, the California Air Resources Board (CARB), the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC), the California Energy Commission (CEC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the dairy industry to develop projects and help the state reduce greenhouse gases (GHGs), protect local air and water quality, while creating local jobs and providing meaningful benefits to the dairy. In partnership with its affiliates, Midwest Bioenergy, Northwest Bioenergy, and Southwest Bioenergy, the company is undertaking the development, construction, ownership and operation of dozens of dairy digester projects across the country.
Individual knowledgeable in project execution phases and practices and have a strong working knowledge of the Primavera P6 and MS Project family of scheduling software. The individual predominantly performs project scheduling and resource planning activities using Primavera software. Position can also be in a team leadership role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently prepares detailed, complex project schedules after identifying the tasks associated with all phases of a project. Project schedules identify necessary resources (people and equipment), durations of each task, critical path tasks, and task inter-relationships.
- Prepares summary schedules and reports linking various sub-projects together for planning purposes.
- Communicates and presents schedule updates, trends and critical path to management and other teams on a weekly basis at a minimum and whenever required to support internal and external requirements.
- Prepares high-level schedules to support early stages of project development
- Works independently and directly with client personnel, engineering and construction contractors, and agencies to prepare detailed schedules.
- Tracks schedule progress and reports to Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in scheduling.
- Meeting Company Objective: Understands and supports company goals and strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Communication Skills: Strong communicator, both in written and oral form, to clients and co-workers.
- Teamwork: Works well with others to achieve goals.
- Adaptable/Flexible: Is adaptable to changing priorities, workloads, client
- expectations, and scope, without loss of focus and direction.
- Technical Competence: Good understanding of engineering, permitting and construction activities and sequences. Attentive to detail.
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in Primavera, MS Project and most technical PC and scheduling software applications.
- Project Management: Consistently meets or exceeds expectations for overall quality, meeting deadlines and completing work on schedule and on budget.
- Process Improvements: Works to develop project technical and implementation improvements through suggestions, team brainstorming and other industry practices. Prepares written documentation of proven improvements for utilization on other projects.
- Safety Awareness: Practices and designs safe work activities.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write conforming to a prescribed style and format.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra, some engineering economics, and some statistical theory.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
Work locations are industrial and agricultural, primarily outdoors in the central valley of California. Temperatures range from 40 deg F in the winter to 115 deg F in the summer. Limited exposure to hazardous materials and/or toxic fumes will require the use of approved personal protective equipment. Regular exposure to heat, noise, flammable materials, rotating equipment, and other conditions normally encountered in an industrial environment should be expected. California Bioenergy will ensure all applicable work rules and safety requirements are closely adhered to.
This position will require heavy lifting (<50 lbs) and/or climbing ladder and/or stairs, bending squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, bonus, paid time off, 401k matching program, and more.
Interested candidates should submit the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application