Location: Visalia, CA (or potentially Northern California)
Posted: September 15, 2022
California Bioenergy LLC (CalBio) is one of the country’s leading developers of dairy digester projects. These projects generate renewable natural gas and electricity, used as vehicle fuel to power trucks, buses and cars. Founded in 2006, CalBio works closely with local dairy farmers to develop projects that reduce greenhouse gases (GHGs), protect local air and water quality, create local jobs, and provide a new revenue stream along with other meaningful benefits to the dairy. In partnership with its affiliates, Midwest Bioenergy, Northwest Bioenergy, and Southwest Bioenergy, the company is undertaking the development, construction, ownership, and operation of dozens of dairy digester projects across the country.
The Sales Representative will develop new sales of dairy digesters in the Central Valley of California. This position requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in solution-based sales, preferably in the dairy industry with knowledge of day-to-day dairy practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build new dairy relations and become the first point of contact for the farmer.
- Seek out potential dairies that meet specific criteria.
- Develop sales funnel measurement tools and regular sales reports.
- Compile sales material, presentations, and proposals.
- Execute exclusivity agreements with interested dairies.
- Maintain ongoing communication with dairies throughout stages of a multi-month process that includes baseline validation, updating financials and designs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales with an expertise in solution-based selling.
- Planning/Organizing: Possesses strong organizational skills to effectively manage a sales funnel and all efforts in onboarding dairies.
- Meeting Company Objective: Assists in promoting the company from a strategic sales standpoint.
- Communication Skills: Able to share information and effectively communicate digester benefits and opportunities to potential dairies. Able to provide sales and progress reports to leadership team as needed. Empathetically interpret the needs of local dairies and communicate those needs and potential solutions to leadership.
- Teamwork: Able to maintain and build relationships of highly motivated people to achieve goals in a climate of cohesiveness, cooperation, and enthusiasm. Solves problems jointly. Demonstrates open-mindedness and is effective as both a leader and team member.
- Adaptable/Flexible: Can effectively shift workload, priorities, and resources with changing scope and deadlines and still maintain overall work quality.
- Safety Awareness: Practices safe work activities. Familiar with applicable industry safety designs and regulations.
- Software Knowledge: Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Position includes a base salary plus commission. Salary is commensurate with experience. Commission is determined by project profitability of each project sold. Position includes a vehicle allowance, competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, bonus, paid time off, 401k matching program, and more.
Interested candidates should submit the following information
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application